More than the heater is a source of providing hot air to the place; it is also responsible for having a healthy indoor air quality. Most of the homeowners take a maintenance service for granted until it falls into repair. As prevention is better the cure for a person’s health, maintenance service is better than repairing a heating unit.
Any small issues in a heater would affect both the unit and family members in many ways. A comprehensive heater service the Woodlands, TX would rectify various heater problems in advance. Every technician hired for maintenance service must ensure a healthy heating unit without any issues.
Small issues in the unit may not be seen visually but can be noticed with some symptoms. An increase in the energy bills, odd noises, strange odor, and many more are some of the heater signs addressing immediate heater services the Woodlands, TX.
A repair service can cost from low to high, depending on the type of repair. A heater maintenance service can completely prevent it. So what are the services included in heater maintenance? How does it prevent problems? Keep reading to know more about the professional heater service the Woodlands, TX.
- The main, major, and primary checklist involved in a heater maintenance service is switching out the air filter. Before that, one must know the effects of not cleaning or replacing the air filter. This can affect the indoor air quality of your home by excessively getting accumulated with dirt. Being deposited with dirt like dust, pet dander, smoke, or debris will cause any kind of health issues. The airflow is blocked, enabling an uneven distribution of heat which potentially increases the heating bills. Blocked airflow also affects the efficiency of the unit, which again increases the energy bills. It is advised by every technician to have the air filter cleaned or replaced once a month or at least once every three months.
- Over time, the burners may also be covered with dust preventing the flame from blowing efficiently. Attempting to clean the burners on your own is not usually advised. Instead, one can use a vacuum to clean the area in and around the burners. Ensure to turn off the unit before attempting to clean it anyways. The blower door can also be cleaned with a vacuum. Make use of a flashlight for better vision as the spot may be completely dark. The technician will usually ensure all such services to be done neatly.
- The next step involved in a maintenance service is ensuring the vents are clean and clear. The vents are responsible for the air to transfer freely in and out for efficient airflow. Any blocks in the vents make it difficult for an easy airflow affecting the efficiency of the unit. Ensuring no furniture blocks the vents is also necessary. Every vent is recommended to be away from any kind of furniture for at least eighteen inches. Also, it’s ensured no curtains or rugs block the vents.
- Equal importance must be given to the thermostat in maintenance just as the heater because it is mainly responsible for safe and proper communication. How do you check the thermostat for proper functioning? Please turn on the heater and wait for it to heat the place efficiently. Check for how long it takes to heat? Upgrading the traditional thermostat with the latest or programmable thermostat will be a better option. This enables you to program your temperature needs as per your schedule and saves a good amount of energy bills too.
- Every moving part must run efficiently for a proper operation. The blower is one of the most important components of a furnace to operate well. It must be oiled regularly for proper operation. Make sure the technician oils the blower once a year for it to work in optimum condition. A poorly oiled blower may result in some kind of squeaking noise disturbing the peace.
- After all, scheduling a professional inspection is compulsory every year to have efficient heating all through the winter. Getting the heater ready before winters enable easy and quick maintenance service for winters as every technician might be busy during winters.
Are you looking for help from a professional company or technician? Wrightway Comfort provides the best heating services in the Woodlands, TX.