Before discussing who should buy Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance plan, we must know why we need individual health insurance.
When the COVID-19 pandemic broke out in the country, we saw how those who were unprepared and uninsured were hit with a major health and financial crisis. Most of us shy away from buying a health insurance cover for ourselves, thinking that we are healthy. However, we do not realise that healthcare inflation is constantly rising, and a sudden health crisis, like COVID-19, can disrupt our finances. This is where the Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance plan comes to your rescue. This individual health insurance plan covers you as an individual for multiple healthcare expenses as per the sum insured chosen and premium paid.
Is Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance Plan Right for You?
You must buy Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance if:
- You have a higher health risk
- If your family members are already insured
- If you want to earn the benefit of the sum assured rather than a floating sum assured
- If you want to renew the policy without worrying about any age restrictions
- If you are looking for higher protection than the one offered under a family floater plan
What is Covered Under Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan?
Some of the inclusions under the Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance plan are:
- In-patient hospitalisation expenses
- Choice of the hospital room
- Pre- and post-hospitalisation medical expenses
- 586 day care treatments
- Domiciliary hospitalisation
- Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy in-patient treatment
- Organ donor treatment expenses and the costs incurred in organ harvesting
What is Not Covered Under Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan?
Some of the key exclusions under the Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance plan are:
- Intentional self-inflicted injury, an act of self-destruction, attempted suicide, etc.
- Disability or disease caused due to any STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease)
- Injuries, disabilities, or death caused due to civil war or war-like operations
- Injuries or illnesses caused due to the consumption of any intoxicant or hallucinogen
- Pre-existing injuries or any diseases caused due to a pre-existing medical complication
- Genetic, hereditary, or auto-immune disorders
- External devices required to support vision
- Reproductive treatment or complications related to pregnancy
Why Should you opt for Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plan?
Here are some of the key reasons to choose Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance plan:
Avail Cashless Claim Facility
You can avail cashless treatments at any of the 6500+ network hospitals associated with Aditya Birla Health Insurance.
Get Daily Allowance
To help you effectively handle emergencies when you are hospitalised, the Aditya Birla Individual Health Insurance plan offers a daily cash allowance of ₹500 for five days of hospitalisation.
Earn Health Returns
Aditya Birla Health Insurance rewards you with up to 30% of your insurance premium as Health Returns for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Get Coverage for Day Care Procedures
With Aditya Birla Health Insurance, you can get coverage for 586-day care procedures that do not require hospitalisation for 24 hours.
Avail Tax Benefits Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
You can claim an income tax deduction on the premium paid towards your Aditya Birla Health Insurance plan.
If you are buying Aditya Birla’s health insurance policy for the first time, you may face a challenge while choosing between the individual health insurance plans and the family floater insurance plans. Both of these have their own set of pros and cons; hence, as an individual, you must take factors such as your needs, age, family income, medical history, etc. into account before you choose the health insurance plan that suits your needs. With the availability of different online portals, you can now easily compare various health insurance plans and make an informed decision.