You are fed up with the doom and gloom at home. Having had to endure the restrictions caused through the coronavirus pandemic, there is now a cost of living crisis, despondency and dull cold weather. It is time for a release from it all.
Fortunately, you managed to continue to work throughout Covid-19 and saved more money than you ever would in normal circumstances as there wasn’t much to do. You have decided to spend some of it on the holiday of a lifetime. Many of your friends have told you about a dream destination, which certainly fits the bill. After booking a hotel and flights you decide to use the sensible option and take out health insurance for foreigners in Thailand throughout your stay for several good reasons.
- You remember that visitor to the Land of Smiles who went out on a scooter that he had hired for him and his girlfriend. What seemed like great fun turned into a disaster as they fell off after being involved in an accident and had to be taken by ambulance to a hospital without insurance. Relatives back home arranged a charity page to pay for their treatment and towards their recuperation, but that’s the last position you want to find yourself in.
- You might be the most careful person on earth, but accidents will happen wherever you are in the world. Thailand is a great place to party and have fun, with the locals living an oft carefree existence. It is a terrific peace of mind knowing if the worst happens that you will be covered. You might wish to take some proper nutrition may assist you to remain healthy before you depart.
- You are desperate to head to the coast and enjoy having fun around some relaxation in the beautiful blue seas. Being the adventurous type some of the activities you will take part in will carry risks. Taking out insurance is a wise move.
- If treatment is required, even in an emergency, it is rarely free of charge in Thailand. It can turn out to be expensive for medicine, medical supplies, and laboratory costs.
- With medical insurance behind you, you will generally be taken to a private hospital where most private hospitals in Thailand can help you liaise with your insurance company. Thai private hospitals have worldwide recognition for their excellence in its health care services so you will be well looked after. Something you can feel relaxed about when you look to find a stunning beach location.
- Should you find yourself without insurance and you have limited funds, you are likely to be admitted to a government hospital which is not as high a standard.
- The world has changed in the last decade. While it is hoped that we never face another pandemic, it is a good idea to take out insurance so that you are not stranded without treatment or hospitalized without backing.
Make sure that your dream holiday in Thailand is safe and secure without any concerns, by taking out insurance before you travel.