Google wifi allows you to cover your whole house wirelessly. The mesh networking technology that powers this scalable wireless network allows for installing more nodes in areas with spotty or nonexistent wifi service. After setup, users may use Google Network Assistant, which guarantees a quick wifi connection, and the Google wifi app, which provides granular control over the network’s settings.
Google wifi 3 pack supports the 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wifi standard and can function on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands. Enhanced wireless connectivity for many devices is provided by the AC1200 22 Wave 2 wifi and TX Beamforming technology included in each node. Google wifi 3 pack allows for wifi connections and Bluetooth Smart Ready connections, simplifying the process of adding a wide range of Bluetooth devices to the network.
If you’d instead use a hardwired connection, Google wifi has you covered with two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be set up for either vast area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) use.
Google wifi 3 pack employs stealthy Network Assist features to prevent wifi bottlenecks. It also guides you to the nearest access point with the strongest signal and provides tips on maximizing your Wi-potential. Fi’s If your property is under 1500 square feet, you should begin with a single point. The 3-pack package protects houses up to 4,500 square feet; more coverage may be purchased if necessary. ¹ Google wifi employs stealthy Network Assist technology to alleviate wifi bottlenecks. It automatically switches to the nearest access point with the quickest connection and provides valuable tips for optimizing your wireless network. You’ll have a lightning-fast connection in every area and gadget. Replace your router with Google wifi for consistent coverage across your house.
What Google Wifi does (and why it’s cool)
- Google wifi is a mesh system that replaces your existing router and provides your whole house with a stable, high-speed Internet connection. A modem and access to the internet through an ISP are still necessities.
- Multiple Google wifi devices (or “points”) may be set up quickly, allowing you to go online anywhere you choose in your home or business, whether in the office, living room, garage, or basement. Check out our wifi primer if you need a refresher on the fundamentals of wireless networking.
- Our mesh wifi technology is the basis of Google wifi. Once your mesh network is up and running, the Google wifi stations will work together to establish a robust connection and ensure that all of your devices remain on the best possible channel. The result is lightning-fast wifi across your home, not just in its immediate vicinity. No matter where you are in the home, you will have a consistent connection for your video call or streaming video.
- Google wifi may function alone or be used in tandem with Nest wifi to provide even more extensive coverage.
What you need to use Google Wifi
- A modem
- Internet service
- A Google Account
- One of the following mobile devices:
- Android phone with Android 8.0 or later
- Android tablet with Android 8.0 or later
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 14.0 or later
- The latest version of the Google Home app
We advise getting Google Wifi in the country where you want to use it. You may run into compatibility difficulties with your Wifi device(s) if you take them to a nation with different wifi rules, and Google won’t be able to help you out. It’s best practice to get all your Wifi access points from the same nation if you’re constructing a mesh network.