If you’re in the market for a new van, you may be considering leasing a Ford Transit Custom. This is an excellent option for businesses that need to regularly switch up their fleet or for those who are unsure about committing to a purchase.
In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of leasing a Ford Transit Custom so that you can make an informed decision. You can find out more about leasing by reading till the end.
Benefits Of Leasing
Leasing a Ford Transit Custom has several benefits. For starters, it’s a low-cost way to get behind the wheel of this popular van. You also don’t have to worry about depreciation – since you’re only leasing the vehicle for a set period of time, you won’t lose any value when you hand it back in. Plus, if your business needs change and you need to switch vehicles sooner than expected, that’s no problem – just swap out your lease for another model.
Drawbacks Of Leasing
However, there are a few drawbacks to leasing as well. First of all, you’ll have to adhere to a set mileage limit – if you go over this limit, you could be hit with hefty fines. You’ll also need to maintain the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, which can be costly if you’re not used to doing so. Finally, when your lease is up, you won’t own the vehicle outright and will have to either hand it back in or buy it at market value – which could be more or less than what you originally paid.
Tips For Leasing
However, if you can stick to the terms of your lease and are comfortable with the idea of not owning the car outright at the end, leasing can be a great way to get behind the wheel of a new Ford Transit Custom. Here are some tips to help you make the most out of your lease:
- Compare different deals – there’s sure to be one that suits your needs and budget.
- Keep track of your mileage – this will help you stay within your limit and avoid any unnecessary fines.
- Stick to manufacturer recommendations for maintenance and repairs – this will keep costs down in the long run.
- Know what happens at the end of your lease – whether you want to hand it back in or buy it, make sure you’re clued up on the process.
- Read the small print! – lease agreements can be complex, so it’s important to know what you’re signing up for.
Tips For Buying A Ford Transit Custom
- If you’re looking to buy a used Ford Transit Custom, do your research. There are plenty of websites and forums where people share their experiences of different models.
- Check out the van’s history – this will give you an idea of how well it’s been looked after and whether there are any potential problems lurking in the future.
- Take it for a test drive – this is essential if you want to get a feel for how it drives and make sure it’s right for your needs.
- Get a mechanic to check it over – no matter how good a condition a van looks, there may be underlying problems that only a professional will spot.
- Compare prices online – there are plenty of dealers who will offer competitive prices on new vans.
- Think about your needs – are you going to be using the van for business or personal use? Do you need a long or short wheelbase model? What extras do you need?
- Decide what type of lease deal is best for you – there are plenty of options, such as contract hire, finance lease and operating lease.
So, should you lease or buy? That depends on your specific circumstances. If you want a low-cost way to get behind the wheel of a new Ford Transit Custom, leasing could be the way to go. Just make sure you weigh up all the pros and cons before signing on the dotted line.