The technique must serve efficiently and for a long time. It is not enough to trust the visual impression, it is worth considering some other parameters.
Today, Delonghi Singapore: kettles have become functional and stylish products that can not only boil several liters of water in a couple of minutes but also become an important part of the kitchen interior. In this article, we will tell you what kind of electric kettles exist, and how to make the best choice.
Types & features of electric kettles
Electric kettles can be conditionally divided into the following types:
- Classic – familiar household appliances powered by the mains;
- Thermo pots – kettles with a thermos function. They are popular in families with small children, among the elderly, and in offices;
- Automotive – small-volume devices that work by connecting to the cigarette lighter socket;
- Travel – compact and low-power electric kettles up to 1 liter. They are lightweight and do not take up much space in your luggage. Folding models are often found among the road options;
- Smart – electric kettles with advanced functionality. They support smartphone control. They cost significantly more than classic models;
- Brewing devices – devices that allow brewing tea while heating the water;
- Express kettles – electrical appliances that work on the principle of an instantaneous water heater: they instantly boil a small portion of water and serve it into a cup;
What about the body material
For the manufacture of electric kettles, plastic, metal, glass or ceramics are most often used. Each material has its own pros and cons.
The most common on the market are plastic electric kettles. They have several advantages:
Models of electric kettles with a plastic case are characterized by a variety of designs and a wide selection of shades. But they also have disadvantages – over time, products can lose their “presentation” and become fragile.
Metal electric kettles are strong, durable, and attractive. Most of the models are made of stainless steel.
Among the main disadvantages of metal electric kettles:
- High thermal conductivity, due to which there is a risk of scalding when touching a hot bulb;
- Easy to scratch;
- Prints are clearly visible on polished surfaces.
Note that most metal electric kettles have plastic or rubberized handles, as well as double walls that allow the water to stay hot longer.
Glass electric kettles have some undeniable advantages:
- The material does not emit harmful substances when heated and does not affect the taste of the drink in any way;
- Have a stylish design. Usually equipped with backlighting, which adds to the attractiveness of the product;
- The transparent flask makes it easy to control the water level.
- Heavy enough;
- The cost is higher than that of plastic with the same functionality;
- They require careful handling since the material is quite fragile;
- They need regular cleaning to keep the walls transparent. Slight dirt and scale can ruin the appearance of the device.
Ceramic electric kettles have some advantages:
- Does not affect the taste and smell of water;
- Resistant to scale and corrosion;
- They keep the heat inside the flask for a long time;
- They work silently;
- They have a graceful design with a “touch” of vintage.
Among the disadvantages, it is worth mentioning the high cost, fragility, and high weight.
The optimal volume of the electric kettle
When choosing an electric kettle, you need to understand how many people will use it. For one or two people, a model with a volume of less than a liter is suitable (optimally – 0.5–0.8 liters).