The series Gone is admirable police and crime drama series that was created by Matt Lopez and the task of producing it was taken over by NBC Universal International Studios. The series was internationally co-produced and the story of the series is based on a novel penned by Chelsea Can named “One Kick” that was released in 2014.
The first installment of the series comprised of 12 heart-pounding and thrilling episodes and the initial release of the series took place in November 2017 and the series continued to air till February 2018 and since then the audience is madly rooting to see the second season of the series.
The series originally aired on the TF1 network in France and the VOX network in Germany and the series still had its international premiere release take place on the Universal Channel, an Australian TV channel. The series is a must-watch for people who like criminal or police dramas as the show is promising in those spheres.
|Original run:||13 November 2017 –
12 February 2018
|Producers||The Colleton Company
The Neptune Way
NBCUniversal International Studios
|Directed by:||Matt Lopez|
|Written by:||One Kick
by Chelsea Cain
More about the show:
Gone is a television series that belongs to the genre of Police procedural drama, and crime drama. It was created by Matt Lopez and is based on One Kick by Chelsea Cain. The show stars Leven Rambin, Danny Pino, Andy Mientus, Chris Noth, and Tracie Thoms in important roles. It originated from the countries Germany, France, and the United States. The show has had one season released till now and it had 12 episodes.
The executive producers of the show are Matt Lopez, Joann Alfano, Melissa R. Byer, Treena Hancock, Kim Moses, Barry O’Brien, and Sara Colleton. Each of these episodes is approximately 45 minutes long. The production companies involved in the making of this show are The Colleton Company, The Neptune Way, VOX, TF1, and NBCUniversal International Studios.
The Distributor of the show is NBCUniversal Television Distribution. The Original networks on which the show aired were TF1 for France, and VOX for Germany. The first show was released on 13 November 2017 and ran till 12 February 2018.
Fans of the show have been eagerly waiting for the release of its second installment. Let’s find out if there have been any announcements regarding the second season of Gone.
The whole story of the series “Gone” continues to revolve around the main character of the series- Katherine “Kit/Kick” Lannigan who manages to survive a childhood abduction and is fortunately and heroically rescued by the FBI Agent Frank Novak.
As three years passed after the incident of Katherine’s abduction and Novak rescuing her took place, a very sheerly determined Katherine Kick starts to precisely train in martial arts and use of firearms. After taking note of her continuous development in the field of combat and intelligence, FBI Agent Frank Novak persuades Katherine Lannigan to join a special task force that is a fruit of the hard work that he created himself which is a force that is sheerly dedicated to solving any abductions and missing person or property cases that make their way towards them.
The first episode of the series starts with Katherine trying to deal with her awful and frightening memories from the time when she was abducted while the person who held the credit for her rescue – the FBI Agent Frank Novak approaches Katherine and tells her about a new task force that focuses on solving abduction and missing cases and tries to convince her to join the task force.
As soon as they start, Katherine Kick finds herself in a very uncomfortable situation that she isn’t very able to handle while dealing with a child abduction case that turns out to be just a daily routine one and at a very basic difficulty level.
- Leven Rambin featured in the role of Kit “Kick” Lannigan.
- Chris Noth featured in the role of Frank Novak.
- Danny Pino featured in the role of John Bishop.
- Tracie Thoms featured in the role of Maya Kennedy.
- Kelly Rutherford essayed the role of Paula Lannigan, who is Kick’s mother.
- Christopher O’Shea featured in the role of Noah.
- Lee Tergesen featured in the role of Mel Foster, who is Kick’s abductor.
- The first episode of the show was named “pilot” and it premiered on 13 November 2017. It was helmed by John Terlesky and was written by Matt Lopez.
- The second episode of the show was named “Ride” and it premiered on 20 November 2017.
- The third episode of the show was named “Crystal” and it premiered on 27 November 2017.
- The fourth episode of the show was named “Tiger” and it premiered on 4 December 2017.
- The fifth episode of the show was named “Savior” and it premiered on 18 December 2017.
- The sixth episode of the show was named “Family Photo” and it premiered on 11 December 2017.
- The seventh episode of the show was named “Don’t Go” and it premiered on 8 January 2018.
- The eighth episode of the show was named “Romans” and it premiered on 15 January 2018.
- The ninth episode of the show was named “Exigent Circumstances” and it premiered on 22 January 2018.
- The tenth episode of the show was named “Secuestrado” and it premiered on 29 January 2018.
- The eleventh episode of the show was named “Demons” and it premiered on 5 February 2018.
- The twelfth episode of the show was named “Rise” and it premiered on 12 February 2018.
Will there be a season 2?
The possibility of the series “Gone” getting a second installment is 100% positive as the show had managed to get huge success on IMDb and collected a lot of praise from the critics as well as the audience. The show was rated a 7.1 out of the 10 points. Any details about the release or even the filming of the second season of the series have been kept to themselves by all the members of the production team and even the tight-lipped cast members. A possibility for the delay in filming or announcement of the second season is considered to be Covid 19 virus but still taking the possibility of the shooting being started in fall 2020, the second season’s release announcement is expected to come out till fall of 2021 (September to December).